Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day! God bless those who gave their all, those who have served and still serve, and their families!
The history of Memorial Day: http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

MODERN QUILT E-BOOK
Just fill in your email address and you can download a free e-book.

SIMPLE SASHING QUILT FOR CHARITY
For those who make quilts for Project Linus, or any of the 101 other charity groups out there, here is a simple quilt pattern.

POSTAGE STAMP QUILT TUTORIAL
This quilter makes postage stamp quilts look easy enough. Now if I can just overcome the urge to coordinate things.

CANADIAN QUILT OF BELONGING
WOW! This is fantastic! Thanks to Barbara Kennedy for sending this one.

FABRIC ORIGAMI QUILT SQUARE
Click on “Next Step” to get all the directions. This is SEW cool!

HOW TO MACHINE QUILT – PREP, TOOLS & TIPS
If you haven’t yet found You Tube, be sure to watch this one. There are lots of quilty videos out there.


MIGUEL’S QUILT
Lyn Brown finds quilt patterns in everyday life – driving down the road or the floor in a restaurant.

SEW EASY – SEW QUICK BABY QUILT
This is such a cute and quick quilt. I think I’ll make one up in hopes I need a baby girl gift.

QUIRKY CELEBRATIONS
Monday, May 30, 2011
Memorial Day
Water a Flower Day

Tuesday, May 31, 2011
World No-Tobacco Day
National Macaroon Day

Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Flip a Coin Day

Thursday, June 2, 2011
National Bubba Day

Friday, June 3, 2011
National Doughnut Day
Repeat Day (I said “Repeat Day”)

Saturday, June 4, 2011
Applesauce Cake Day
Old Maid’s Day

Sunday, June 5, 2011
World Environment Day

WHAT’S FOR DINNER
Instead of providing you with a recipe, I’m giving you another link.
This gal makes the cutest little pies in little canning jars. Maybe I have found a use for all those little jars I just can’t throw away. And… they look SEW good!!!  (I love the name of her blog!)

Have a great week!

“I got a sewing machine for my husband! Good trade, huh?” 
       ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment