I have to put up a fish-related Father’s Day greeting to honor my Hunny, Mr. Fisherman Extraordinaire. He is not only a wonderful husband, but a great father and grandfather. Happy Father’s Day to all the great men in your life.
QUILT SHOPS OF THE CENTRAL COAST (CALIFORNIA)
These shops have free patterns for 2011. Be sure to check out each one.
USEFUL PAPER PRODUCTS FOR QUILTERS
This is a very good article on using various papers found in most kitchens in our quilting.
VERY CUTE SPIDER WEB BLOCK
I really like the look of this and SEW easy to make.
CAR CADDY TUTORIAL
I wish I’d found this a couple of weeks ago. I just bought a commercial pattern to make one.
TOTALLY NOT QUILT RELATED – EGG TIPS
I thought I’d share this site about eggs with you. It has some very good information.
THE GREAT COVER UP
This is a very cute quilt-as-you-go and uses giant rickrack.
This site has lots of free patterns and I don’t always post when they have a new one, so you might want to browse through it.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Ice Cream Soda Day
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Finally Summer Day
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
National Chocolate Éclair Day
Thursday, June 23, 2011
National Pink Day
(Maybe we should all make a pink quilt today!)
Friday, June 24, 2011
Take Your Dog to Work Day
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Log Cabin Day
Sunday, June 26, 2011
National Catfish Day
Warming Shepherd’s Pie
This is easy to prepare and it’s a great way to use up any leftovers. If you’ve got mashed potatoes or any kind of vegetable medley left from last night’s dinner, the only thing you’ll have to prepare tonight is the ground beef.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1-1/3 cups instant mashed potato buds
1-2/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 pound ground beef
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (12-oz.) jar beef gravy
1 (10-oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-2/3 cups milk
1. Preheat broiler. Prepare 4 servings of mashed potatoes according to package directions using milk, butter and ½ teaspoon salt; set aside.
2. Cook ground beef in medium broiler-proof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to separate meat, until browned and crumbly. Drain skillet drippings.
3. Sprinkle ground beef with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Add beef gravy and mixed vegetables to meat; stir well. Cook meat mixture over medium-low heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Spoon the mashed potatoes in a ring around the outside edge of skillet, leaving 3-inch circle in center. Sprinkle grated Parmesan evenly over mashed potatoes.
5. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until Parmesan is golden, about 3 minutes.
Enjoy your week!
When life goes to pieces…. QUILT!