Saturday, April 9, 2011

March 13, 2011

I hope this is finding you happy, healthy and looking forward to a lovely Spring.

I read a lot (a LOT) of blogs, and research a ton of websites related to quilting, embroidery, cooking, sometimes crocheting, beading, knitting, and the list goes on. I thought I’d share some of the sites with my friends.

NATIONAL QUILTING DAY – MARCH 19, 2011
This site explains the history behind National Quilting Day. It gives some great ideas for people to do for the day. Be sure to check out the free pattern at the very bottom of the page.

JUST ONE STAR
This site was previously emailed to all members of the Savannah Quilt Guild and Loose Threads of Guyton. Everyone is encouraged to participate by making Just One Star… or more. I will collect them at the April 9 meeting of Savannah Quilt Guild and the April 12 meeting of Loose Threads to be mailed. They hope to make 100 quilts by Flag Day, June 12. I will have a brown Pigma pen available for you to put your name on your block. Thanks to everyone!

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH
It’s only March. If you are looking for a BOM to start, it’s not too late.
This site gives a list of many of the BOMs available. I think I’m a BOM collector. I have saved many, many BOMs, but never seem to start… or finish them.  I hope you have better luck.  Be sure to check out this site. She has a lot of stuff here.


If you didn’t find a BOM on that list that suits you, here’s a site with a BOM that is just beginning. This is for those who like stars.


WHAT’S FOR DINNER
Since we quilters hate to tear ourselves away from our machines to do mundane things, like cooking, I’ll be bringing you easy peasy ideas for dinner, sew you can keeping on sewing.

THREE ENVELOPE CHICKEN (OR ROAST BEEF)
Servings: 4 – 6
Ingredients:
Update
  • 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
  • 1 (2 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry chicken gravy mix
  • 1 cup water (I use 2 – 3 cups)
  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 17 mins
  1.  Place chicken in the crock pot then the dry ingredients and the water.
  2. Cook on low 7-8 hrs or high 4-5 hours
  3.  If you are using a roast, substitute dry brown gravy mix for the chicken gravy.

This is it for my first “issue”. I hope you enjoy and it’s helpful to you. Please drop me a note and let me know what you’d like to see in future issues.
Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment